The web site for Grandfather George Van Wyck Laughton, M.C. has now been updated so that all the links are now active on this web site. As the web site was created using Microsoft Front Page and not WordPress, we have placed the web site in a separate directory so that there is no software conflicts. Please click on the link below to go to that site:
G. V. Laughton attested to the Canadian Expeditionary Force (CEF) to serve in the Great War of 1914-1919. Due to changes in the Officer Compliment of the CEF he was subsequently accepted for an Officer’s Commission in the British Expeditionary Force while in England. This is the story of how all of that came to be, what actions he served in, and the reasons he was awarded his gallantry medals (Military Cross).
George Van Wyck Laughton, M.C.
Regimental Number 82130
- June 1911 – June 1914: 26th Middlesex Regiment
- December 1915: 7th Regiment Canadian Fusiliers
- 1915: 142nd Canadian Overseas Battalion
- 1916: 32nd Battalion Canadian Expeditionary Force
- 1917: BEF 3rd Army, 34th Division 26th Northumberland Fusiliers