Here you will find the detailed web sites for:
- George Van Wyck Laughton, M.C. (Paternal Grandfather)
- Josiah Alexander Chancellor Kennedy (Maternal Grandfather)
Both of my grandfathers served with distinction, enlisting with the Canadian Expeditionary Force and later serving as Officers in the British Army. George Laughton cam back to Canada, discharged with wounds after Arras (Vimy) in 1917. Jack Kennedy was captured and served out the war as a POW until his release. All of the details are on their web sites.
In addition to those primary sites, there are a number of original “Blogger” sites for other family members of the Great War:
- St. Clair Van Wyck Laughton (deserted)
- William Muir Laughton (survived WWI; casualty WWII)
- John Addison Corbett Laughton (survived)
Great Uncles James Kennedy and William Kennedy, brothers of Grandfather Josiah “Jack” Kennedy served with British Army in the Irish Regiments during the Great War. Both were killed in action. Details are provided within the web site of their brother (see the genealogy page).